Working Out-of-State

One question that frequently comes up when we are talking to potential clients from out-of-state is how can we work in other states or countries. We have designed early childhood facilities all over the United States and internationally, so we are experienced in working outside of our own community. Design principles understood by our design team are inherent to the early childhood field and we take great pride in our ability to have our projects match the culture of the region, wherever in the world they are being built. In addition, we do a lot of research by on-site visits, in journals and on the Internet to better understand the culture where your project will be located.

Our architects are members of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and registered in many states. They belong to a professional group called the National Council Architectural Registration Board (NCARB), which allows architects registered with both the AIA and their organization to obtain a license in any state so they can prepare architect sealed construction documents. We prefer to take our designs to the construction documentation level, as we feel that our expertise is needed to assure all the details that will make the environment work for children, teachers and parents.

Interior designers have a different system of registration all together. Only twenty states have any legislation that requires an interior designer to meet certain education requirements. Our interior designer is registered in several states and is both a member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA). Professionals who are members of either the ASID or IIDA are required to not only have the right professional background, but are also required to pass a written test. Our interior designer is very involved in our design of early childhood facilities from the very beginning. It is not a problem for her to become certified in those states where interior design certification is required

Landscape architects are another profession entirely. They oversee site landscaping and drainage and outdoor classroom areas. Our landscape architect is licensed in several states and can easily become registered in other states.

Each project requires that we find new ways to work together as a team with our clients. We are confident that we can find a way to work with you in your state or country. We look forward to finding out more about your project.